These videos are part of my final graduate thesis in 3D Animation & Visual Effects at Academy of Art University. They’re geared towards helping new animation students familiarize themselves with working on animated films. The scripts I mention in “Video #5: Helpful Tips” can be found here.
A brief overview of the Studio X Collaborative Thesis vs. the Studio X Class at Academy of Art University.
2. What is a Studio X Collaborative Thesis?
An overview of the graduate thesis development process for 3D animators at Academy of Art University and a review of the 3D animation/VFX pipeline.
3. Is the Studio X Collaborative Thesis Right For You?
A comparison of the standard vs. the Studio X thesis and some considerations for students trying to decide between the two.
4. Finding Projects
A guide to identifying films to work on as a Studio X thesis student.
5. Helpful Tips For Getting Started
An introduction to the “show bible,” the difference between animation vs. visual effects film projects, and a list of useful Maya scripts and tools.
An overview of dailies and some suggestions for best practices as an artist.
7. Final Notes
Some thoughts on wrapping up on a project and my contact information.
The complete list of videos in The Studio X Collaborative Thesis for Animators series is available on Vimeo:
1. Welcome! – https://vimeo.com/176238056
2. What is a Studio X Collaborative Thesis? – https://vimeo.com/176238057
3. Is the Studio X Collaborative Thesis Right For You? – https://vimeo.com/176238058
4. Finding Projects – https://vimeo.com/176238059
5. Helpful Tips For Getting Started – https://vimeo.com/176238060
6. Dailies - https://vimeo.com/176252828
7. Final Notes – https://vimeo.com/176238063